TESCAN releases the new HADF R-STEM detector
TESCAN is proud to announce the release of a new detector, the High Angle Dark Field Retractable STEM Detector (HADF R-STEM). This detector offers all the capabilities of the standard fixed TESCAN STEM detector with the extra advantage of retractability and the acquisition of HADF signal.
The HADF R-STEM detector combines the principles of TEM with that of SEM allowing every TESCAN SEM and FIB-SEM system to be turned into a (low energy) STEM platform. With the HADF R-STEM detector you can enhance the SEM analysis (SE, BSE, EDX, EBSD) of your thin-sliced samples by adding the unique information that only transmitted electrons can provide. Furthermore, a TESCAN FIB-SEM system equipped with the HADF R-STEM detector enables the preparation and analysis of lamellae in a single instrument.
This detector represents a concrete and efficient solution for those research facilities that have no TEM infrastructure but nonetheless have the same needs for sample analysis. The HADF R-STEM detector is undoubtedly a valuable tool for those laboratories involved in cutting-edge research in life sciences, materials science and the semiconductor industry.
The main features of the HADF R-STEM detector include:
- Observation of multiple samples without braking the chamber vacuum
- Simultaneous acquisition of bright field (BF), dark field (DF) and high angle dark field (HADF) signals which provide valuable information such as Bragg-diffraction orientation contrast and material contrast
- Lifting up and down of the sample relative to the detector in order to reach the best imaging conditions
- Tilting of the sample independently of the detector
- Improved geometry of the sample holders for EDX analysis
- Two different sample holders:
- multiple sample holder: for up to 8 TEM standard grids and compatible with the LM, XM and GM chambers
- TEM lamella holder: a system of exchangeable single grid holders optimised for easy handling and lift-out grids manipulations. Compatible with the XM and GM chambers
This new detector has been designed with respect to a broad range of SEM applications in diverse fields of science and industry enabling the performance of tasks, such as the investigation of the ultrastructure of biological samples, rigorous failure analysis of logical devices in the semiconductor industry or characterisation and research in material engineering.
Application Example for download in TESCAN Library: High resolution analysis of thin foils using the STEM Detector with HADF
Mikrolux zastupnik tvrtke MEIJI
Mikrolux d.o.o. zastupnik je renomiranog japanskog proizvođača raznih vrsta optičkih mikroskopa, tvrtke MEIJI Techno Co., Ltd.
Više o aplikacijama i modelima možete provjeriti na internetskim stranicama proizvođača ili nas zatražiti katalog.
Hysitron’s SEM series PicoIndenter instruments are depth-sensing nanomechanical test instruments that can be interfaced with scanning electron microscopes. Enabling users to perform quantitative nanomechanical testing while simultaneously imaging with the SEM.
Interested to get really good, high resolution images from your XL??
XL series of SEMs … XL20…XL30 FEG Lab6 …
Saturn system is the right system for you. It has the highest quality-to-cost ratio on the market.
ELI Bring your “old” SEM to digital age!
ELI is a Belgian company founded in 1987 active since 1993 in the field of scanning electron microscopes (SEMs). Our dual goal: to offer high quality tools to improve the performances of "old" (analog) SEMs and provide a very high level technical support.
ORION for Windows : acquire digital images
Orion: a high resolution grabbing system (PCI Board) that provides digital images either in conjunction with the Saturn board or without
Connects to any existing SEM/Microprobe or STEM.
Full compatibility with Windows 2000 and XP.
Digitizes in any size between 16x16 and 8192x8192 pixels (depending on your SEM capabilities).
Grabs images in both slow scan and full photo resolution.
5 years warranty on the board
Orion is now fully compatible with Windows Seven !!!
SATURN : upgrade your old SEM to its full potential
Saturn:an active board that takes the control of the scanning speed and resolution of the SEM and allows the user to get high quality views.
very flexible SEM active drive system: interfacing with nearly any type of SEM.
internally routing the required scan signals between the SEM and the frame grabber
upgrades SEMs already equipped with any frame grabber
optimized user interface: one mouse click is required to drive the SEM and collect an image
TESCAN GAIA3 brings together an ultra-high resolution electron column and high-performance ion column fitted onto a single chamber. Built on the proven (MAIA3) FE-SEM platform, GAIA3 extends all of its qualities with the ability to modify surfaces with a focused ion beam. The outstanding imaging capabilities of the GAIA3 begin with its novel FE-SEM with excellent resolution at low voltages. The objective lens is narrower than a conventional objective and InBeam SE and InBeam BSE detectors placed in the column give free space over the sample for unlimited FIB work and various analytical techniques.
- Extraordinary SEM resolution with single-pole 60° objective lens
- Best-in-class range of display modes – FIELD, RESOLUTION and DEPTH - based on TESCAN´s unique Wide Field Optics
- Superior specimen handling using a motorized compucentric stage
- Field-free mode for observing magnetic samples
- High probe current, up to 200 nA (SEM)
- E-beam lithography with ultra-short dwell time down to 20 ns
- Ultra-high FIB resolution and excellent performance at high current with a Cobra column and probe current 1 pA to 50 nA
- Powerful DrawBeam toolbox including a number of basic and advanced programmable objects with various process parameters
- Besides the ability to investigate and modify the sample surface with enormous analytical potential, an extraordinary number of ports that enables all the detectors and techniques to focus on a common analytical workspace.
The imaging, analysis and control of matter at the nanometer scale are key factors in successfully conducting research today. Resolution, accuracy, reproducibility, robustness and flexibility are key characteristics for a leading-edge tool.
Following three generations of success in electron microscopy, GAIA3 is the next generation platform introduced by TESCAN. Combining unsurpassed nanometer resolution SEM performance with excellent COBRA-FIB capabilities, the new TESCAN GAIA3 offers a wide range of analytical compatibilities.
The greatest benefits of the GAIA3 is its low-voltage SEM imaging while maintaining a high resolution. This is essential especially for examining sensitive or non-conductive samples with a small interaction volume therefore giving excellent resolution and unique low voltage contrast.
COBRA-FIB is a top-level technology in terms of resolution for both imaging and milling. It is the sharpest FIB instrument for nano-engineering in its class.
New UHR SEM/i-FIB workstation
Whether your applications demand extremely powerful and ultra-fast micro-/nano- FIB machining, an outstanding image resolution at low beam energies, ultra-fast and reliable microanalysis or 3D analytical reconstructions, XEIA3 stands out as the ideal turnkey solution that offers all these capabilities in one single and unique instrument with ultimate performance.
- Powerful SEM column equipped with a high brightness Schottky emitter for high currents, low-noise and extraordinary imaging
- In-Beam detectors for high signaling and excellent imaging at very short working distances
- Ultra-fast xenon plasma ion source FIB. High beam currents for outstanding milling speeds and an excellent performance in removing large volumes of material, and low beam currents for smooth polishing
- Ultra-low electron landing energy imaging enabled by the Beam Deceleration Technology (BDT)
- Less implantation, doping or degradation of insulator deposition a valuable feature for semiconductor industry
- Simultaneous SEM imaging during FIB milling or deposition (two independent scan generators)
- Unique and advanced TESCAN’s technologies in terms of automated operations such as the In-Flight Beam TracingTM designed to accurately compute and adjust all the optimal parameters (WD, magnification, etc.) for high resolution imaging
- Advanced patterning and 3D characterisations capabilities powered by DrawBeam, a pattern editing tool that also provides a real-time visualization during milling or lithographic processes
- Novel solution for fast 3-dimensional microanalysis such as 3D EDX and EBSD reconstructions
- Unique integration with TOF-SIMS and scanning probe microscope 12’’ wafer inspection by means of an extended chamber size for enabling 6’’, 8’’ and 12’’ wafer inspection. 12’’ wafer inspection is an exclusive feature of TESCAN equipment
- Gas Injection System (GIS) for enhancing your FIB applications
- High-performance electronics for faster image acquisition up to 20 ns/pxl, excellent deposition rate and an ultra-fast scanning
- Powerful turbomolecular and dry fore vacuum pump for keeping the chamber clean. Electron gun pumping by ion getter pump
Specific solutions for specific needs
With the launch of XEIA3, TESCAN not only delivers an instrument top of its class but also fulfils its commitment to continue helping researchers to push science and development forward. This is also reflected in the careful customisation of every system in order to meet specific needs. From materials sciences to life sciences or from engineering to semiconductor industry, TESCAN is ready to take up the challenges of the upcoming future.
Extend the capabilities in all your FIB applications with Xe plasma ion source
The XEIA3 combines the capabilities of an outstandingly fast and powerful xenon plasma ion source with an ultra-high resolution electron column. Such synergy allows for carrying out the most challenging large volume removal applications in beating times which have – up until now – never been achievable before. For research or for high-tech industry the highest precision that only a sub-2 nanometre electron column is guaranteed and opens new possibilities in a wider range of applications. The high current capable plasma ion source allows for a wider range of applications.
TESCAN proudly introduces the Q-PHASE, a multimodal holographic microscope (MHM). With this instrument TESCAN expands into the field of advanced light microscopy. The Q-PHASE is a unique instrument for quantitative phase imaging (QPI) based on patented technology of Coherence-controlled holographic microscopy. This technology uses incoherent light sources (halogen lamp, LED) providing QPI with the highest quality, without any compromises and it is the only QPI technique enabling imaging of samples in scattering media. The Q-PHASE is purposely designed to observe living cells in vitro. It is based on a robust inverted transmission microscope platform. The whole system is situated in a microscope incubator. The full motorization fulfills even the highest demands regarding experiment automation. Furthermore, this system includes multiple imaging modes with fully integrated Fluorescence Module, simulated DIC and brightfield imaging options. All these features make of Q-PHASE a valuable research tool for biological and biotechnical applications such as testing reactions of cells to a specific treatment - even with scattering non-transparent substances, monitoring cell’s life cycle including mitosis, distinguishing between different forms of cell deaths, analyzing cell growth, motility or morphology changes, imaging cells in extracellular matrices.
The Q-PHASE is a unique instrument for quantitative phase imaging (QPI) based on patented technology of Coherence-controlled holographic microscopy. The Q-PHASE is purposely designed to observe living cells in vitro.